Employment is an important part of North Metro’s Day Services, and community employment is a goal for all persons receiving these services. In order to help people reach that goal, our Employment Services provide a variety of employment assistance and opportunities. North Metro works with the local Division of Vocational Rehabilitation to provide these services.
These Services May Include:
- Helping a person identify interests and goals.
- Using a work assessment tool to determine a person’s skills and areas of need.
- Contracting with an Employment Consultant. This may include setting up job shadowing, interviewing, job trials.
- Job training, scheduling, arranging transportation to and from a job, and solving disability accommodation issues.
- Ongoing support and regular contact from the Employment Consultant with the employed person and the employer.
- Additional training as necessary.
Businesses Employing Persons Eligible for North Metro’s Services: