North Metro’s Residential Department operates two apartment programs for individuals with developmental disabilities. These programs, persons live alone or with one roommate. The centrally located apartment complexes are conveniently located adjacent to shopping, bus-lines and medical facilities, and offers newly remodeled apartments, pool, greenbelt access, clubhouse with TV and internet access. Staff supervision is provided in accordance with recommendations of the person’s Interdisciplinary Team. Access to on site staff is available 24/7.
Individualized supports to residents in the apartment program include:
- Assistance in daily living activities is based on each individual’s ability and may include support with things such as cooking, laundry, housekeeping, shopping, or medication administration
- Opportunities for leisure and recreational activities
- Group and individual life skills classes such as budgeting, healthy choices, cooking, and one-on-one mentorship with a focus on safety in independent living
- Transportation to appointments and recreation and leisure activities as needed
- Help with management of personal finances as needed
- Dedicated staff are specially trained in the areas of financial management, community resources, and mentorship
- Furnished apartments with Resident selection of furnishings and household items.
North Metro’s Apartment Programs feature individualized supports based on each participant’s need and team guidance. Excelling at creating positive rapport and encouraging resident participation, staff are specially trained to balance support with the respect and dignity which is inherent in an independent living setting. Residents enjoy such activities as ice cream socials, cooking lessons, Rockies games, reading groups, and many other opportunities to connect them with the community. Apartment Program residents will have the opportunity to mentor new participants in the program and share how they have been successful in their own experience.